Acid Dazed

Psych and Acid Folk Cheers.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Billy Nicholls

Billy Nicholls- Would You Believe 1968

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1. Would You Believe
2. Come Again
3. Life Is Short
4. Feeling Easy
5. Daytime Girl
6. Daytime Girl (2)
7. London Social Degree
8. Portobello Road
9. Question Mark
10. Being Happy
11. Girl From New York
12. It Brings Me Down


Very rare album, I think if you have a first pressing LP you have the potential to be a very rich person! Excellent album, pop-psych, some dreamy songs, and some acid fuzzed guitar courtesy of The Small Faces' Steve Marriott on "Girl From New York". The first track "Would You Believe" was quite a strange choice for an album opener as in terms of sound and vocals it is very different to the rest of the album.

Download it, you won't regret it! You don't even have anything to lose... it's free!

I'd recommend Feeling Easy, London Social Degree (thought to mean L.S.D.) and Girl From New York.

http://rapidshare.de/files/27139852/Would_You_Believe.zip.html

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog already Tom! Any chance of a link to MS? :-)

9:30 am  
Blogger Tom S said...

Mick! It's great to hear from you! Thanks, yea I saw alot of people making them, so I thought I'd give it a go too! And of course, just linked you! Would have done it sooner, but I quickly rushed a few in last night before I went to bed! Be sure to drop in! I still check MS almost everyday!

9:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello

Thanks for this one.
You were right, great album, listen to it at the moment.

Best wishes from Sweden

8:42 am  
Blogger Meester Music said...

Tom: Great blog!!

I'm also a huge fan of psyche. I try to share what I can over on my blog, but most of my psyche is not my own rip...those I DO have are still readily available.

I shared "Sussex" by Bent Wind and actually got a post from original band member Marty Roth to cease and desist :p

Hope you don't mind: I'm going to link you on my blog as one of my preferred sites.

Hey thanks again...take care.

- MEESTER MUSIC

7:20 am  
Blogger Tom S said...

Hey Meester!

Thanks very much for your kind words!

I'm pleased you like it! That's a crazy story though! It's strange though, you'd think they'd be flattered, it's not like they will be rich if we didn't we're just passing on music that has long since been removed from the public!

Thanks for adding, I shall do the same!

Pop in again soon,

Tom.

11:53 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice one Mr Sunshine :-]

You're a gent for uping these, keep up the good work.

4:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this one's really great! thanks so much!
-sorcell :)

12:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great album. Story goes, when Billy Nicholls was 17, he brazenly walked right up to George Harrison and handed him a tape of demos. Some time later Billy ran into George again and asked him what he thought. George replied, "I didn't realise YOU wrote 'My Way'". Apparently Billy's sister didn't have any blank tape and so borrowed one of Billly's to tape old Blue Eyes off the radio. Stranger things...

Oh, and I still think you have a really great blog.

11:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home