Acid Dazed

Psych and Acid Folk Cheers.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Status Quo!

Status Quo- Picturesque Matchstickable Messages From The Status Quo 1968

Incredible debut album from The Status Quo! Everyone's entitled to their own opinion of the group, I personally feel they were a big dissapointment after the start they had. This album has to be one of the most distinctive and impressive albums of the late 60's era. Very much guitar led, it's nice psychedelia, no bads trips on the card with this one! To try and sum up the genre I'd say a pop album, thats been heavily thrown into a barrel of L.S.D! I really couldn't recommend this album enough. It's excellent and if you haven't already got this record, what are you waiting for!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1. Black Veils Of Melancholy
2. When My Mind Is Not Live
3. Ice In The Sun
4. Elizabeth Dreams
5. Gentleman Joe's Sidewalk Cafe
6. Paradise Flat
7. Technicolour Dreams
8. Sheila
9. Spicks And Specks
10. Sunny Cellophone Skies
11. Green Tambourine
12. Pictures Of Matchstick Men

My Favourites: (Hard, I love them all!) Black Veils Of Melancholy, When My Mind Is Not Live, Ice In The Sun, Technicolour Dreams, Spicks And Specks, Green Tambourine and Pictures Of Matchstick Men. And those I didn't chose killed me not to!


http://rapidshare.de/files/27775262/Picturesque_Matchstickable.zip.html

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure that it's possible that of all the psych blogs, past and present that this lp has appeared, buy my avid following had never yielded this beatiful gem until now...thank you for making this and all other things available

7:28 pm  
Blogger Adam Infanticide said...

wonderful! thanks

7:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog, thanks

12:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home