Acid Dazed

Psych and Acid Folk Cheers.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

For Fox Sake!

The Fox- For Fox Sake 1970

Excellent album from Brighton's finest "The Fox" the only album they made, and was recorded in the studio's of Radio Luxemburg. All the songs you hear except 2 are the first takes and the whole album was made very quickly and released soon after to much appraisal. They band were due for a second album recording session, tho the management suddenly lost interest, there was a new band on the scene named Black Sabbath and just like that The Fox were dropped. Promises of world fame and big houses, now a thing of the past (incidentally, when Ozzy Osbourne left Sabbath in 1979 I think, he was left penniless, despite many millions of copies of their albums being sold, turns out the managers (lead manager Sharon Osbourne's dad) were clearly just con artists, who made a lot of money).


But anyway... this album is excellent! Some realy classic psych, some nice soft songs, and some great improv music. Aa couple of songs I'm not overly keen on, but on the whole excellent albums, and again a special thanks to MS for this one, it's excellent, just a shame it was that bit too late... Go get it!



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


  1. Second Hand Love
  2. Lovely Day
  3. As She Walks Away
  4. Glad I Could
  5. Butterfly
  6. Look In The Sky
  7. Goodtime Music
  8. Mr.Blank
  9. Man In A Fast Car
  10. Birthday Card
  11. Madame Magical

My Favourites are: Second Hand Love, Lovely Day, As She Walks Away, Look In The Sky, Mr.Blank and Birthday Card.

http://rapidshare.de/files/27885940/For_Fox_s_Sake.zip.html

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael said...
Great posts on your blog and I'm hearing music that I thought I probably wouldn't hear again. I wonder if you have the "Velvett Fogg" available. I have searched on the 'net - probably not hard enough, but if you have this it would be great. Cheers.

2:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you use file m4a format ????

It doesn't work !

thanks

chris turpin

4:31 pm  
Blogger musicgnome said...

Let me take a moment to thank you for the wonderful and enlightening items you've shared. Quite recently I was on the look out for this particular Fox Album, specifically Mr. Blank.

MUCH thanks
The Gnome

7:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

m4a format...
I couldn't play these once upon a time but i got a newer edition of winamp and lo and behold they play fine now.
:o)

9:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello sunshine this album is great thanks bye

5:24 pm  
Blogger Tom S said...

Hey guys, thanks very much, glad you all like it!

Unfortunately I dont have that album Michael, but I'll keep an eye out for it, and if I get it, I'll post it up here as soon as possable! and Thank you the Gnome! It's my pleasure to share these albums!

11:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im kinda new. Great music and thanks for sharing.:) Have any Peanut Butter Conspiracy?

4:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The link is dead. Please reactivate it if you can. I have never listen this band. Thanks a lot in advance.

8:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home