Acid Dazed

Psych and Acid Folk Cheers.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Espers!

Espers- The Weed Tree 2005

There aren't many modern bands that I can honestly say I like. Nor are there many at all that I'd like enough to post on my blog! But Espers are possably the most impressive and creative band I have heard in the last 25 or so years (Along with Circulus!) . The music they make is breathtaking, mixing traditional folk, acid-folk with alot of fuzzy psychedelia. This particular album, their second (more of a very long EP) see's them really get into their folk, far more than Espers and II. Female vocalist, Meg Baird has one of the most incredible voices and is absolutely perfect for this type of music. I highly reccomend every peice of music this band has made. Even if, like me, you aren't overly keen on alot of modern music, it would be a big mistake to rule out this band. If this does well I shall also upload their recently released album "II".

Also you can find their debut album and the Circulus album posted over at my good friends' blog, It's Psych!
http://ourpsychblog.blogspot.com/2006/08/espers-2005.html
http://ourpsychblog.blogspot.com/2006/07/circulus-lick-on-tip-of-envelope.html

Enjoy them!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


1. Rosemary Lane
2. Tomorrow
3. Black Is The Colour
4. Afraid
5. Blue Mountain
6. Flaming Telepaths
7. Dead King

My Favourites: It would be pointless listing them, because I've just typed them all out! The whole album is incredible!


http://rapidshare.de/files/28274383/The_Weed_Tree.zip.html

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful. As a devotee of the golden era of the late 60s/early 70s I had no idea music like this was still being recorded.

10:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tremendous stuff. Thanks very much!

5:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this was a nice find, I must admit I had never heard of this band, and they are very good!

greg w

5:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Music :)

you know the Greek Band Will-o-the-Wisp? Similar music... and music from the recent years(~2000). I have them only from MC, but if you like, i could send it to you via mail?!

Roman

12:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home